We have a comprehensive understanding of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act. Since its inception, we have provided Section 404 project management, methodology, and tools to many public companies and have worked with many different external auditors. We leverage our expertise that has been developed over years of navigating compliance requirements in order to employ a cost effective SOX Simple strategy.
Our SOX Simple framework establishes a common sense approach to implementing the requirements of Section 404. We focus on controls considered most critical to the integrity of the published financial statements and their supporting business processes. This risk-based approach saves our clients time and cost without sacrificing quality.
We can present management with best practices and various options to achieve their company’s Sarbanes-Oxley Section 302 and Section 404 compliance goals, including services that can be provided individually or in combination. Our process package consists of documentation, internal control design evaluations, key control identification, and internal control testing to ensure the development of ongoing, effective compliance strategies.
Our framework is based on the COSO Internal Control-Integrated Framework. Key elements of our SOX Simple strategy include the following:
- Top down approach on significant risks and processes
- Focus on key monitoring controls
- Scale-down documentation and testing for low risk areas
- Leverage internal audit activities
- Work with external auditors for increased reliance and reduced testing
- Full Sarbanes-Oxley project management and execution
- Co-source resource with existing internal audit or control team members
- Training with focus on specific Subject Matter Expert areas
- IT Sarbanes-Oxley support and training
We believe a critical element of successful compliance efforts, and the ultimate sustainability of the process, is education and the involvement of all levels of process owners, management, Board of Directors, and Audit Committee. We provide a variety of Sarbanes-Oxley training options, including the following:
- Overview of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act
- Highlights of Section 404
- Key Aspects of PCAOB Auditing Standard No. 5
- Financial Reporting Internal Controls
- COSO Internal Control-Integrated Framework
- Continued Compliance and Managing the Process After Implementation
- Audit Committee Requirements